Here are some of our most Frequently Asked Questions we receive from those interested in Tampa’s upcoming 55+ active adult community, Anand Vihar:
- Can we come see model homes at Anand Vihar? Yes, our model homes are available for viewing! We currently meet by appointment only as our tours typically last up to one hour, so please call or email us in advance to schedule your appointment today. If you call and we are not available, please leave a voice message and we will return your call promptly as it is likely we are out with an appointment viewing our homes.
- What types of homes can we purchase? We have several floor plans available which meet the needs of our future residents. From our two bed / two bath (plus den), one car garage, single story Garden Villas at 1,704 sf to our two-story four bed / three bath, two car garage Garden Townhomes at 2,534 sf – we have something for everyone! All homes come standard with high quality finishes such as quartz or granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances, soft close drawers, 12×24 tile flooring, rounded wall corners and so much more! We also have condo units (Club Villas) available which are three bedroom / two bath at 1,150 sf. There are ground level and 2nd floor condo units to choose from.
- How close is the nearest hospital? Florida Hospital is only 4.5 miles (about 10 minutes by car) from Anand Vihar. In addition to Florida Hospital, there are many specialists and primary care physicians with offices in the area.
- How far is the airport? Tampa International Airport is approximately 30 miles from Anand Vihar.
- Will there by dining options at Anand Vihar? Yes! The beautiful club house at Anand Vihar will house our dining hall with full on-site kitchen. The optional dining plans will offer chef-prepared, strictly vegetarian lunch and dinner featuring cuisine from the various regions of India. Tea, coffee and chai will be served in the morning.
- Are there places of worship near Anand Vihar? Anand Vihar is conveniently located in close proximity to many places of worship including the BAPS Temple, Hindu Temple of Florida, Malayalee Church, Gurudwara, Sanatan Mandir, Jain Temple, and Vishnu Mandir. The India Cultural Center (ICC) is also about 35 minutes from Anand Vihar and they have a wonderful seniors group which meets the 2nd Wednesday of each month. You can regularly expect to find 250+ seniors gathered at these meetings!
- Are there grocery and shopping options nearby? Yes! Publix grocery and Target are both just within a few miles from our community and Patel Brothers grocery is only 20 minutes away. Looking for some shopping? The Shops at Wiregrass is less than five miles and Tampa Premium Outlets is just seven miles from Anand Vihar!
- How does the dining plan work if I only plan to stay at my new home at Anand Vihar for three months out of the year? In addition to our annual food club membership we have created a short-term food club plan for those that plan to only stay in the community for a total of three months through-out the year. This plan is available with a minimum spend of $350 per month for three months. You do not need to use the plan within three consecutive months, it can be spread throughout the year giving you a lot of flexibility.
- Are there any restrictions for our children or grandchildren to come and stay with us? Anand Vihar was designed with your children and grandchildren in mind. We wanted to create an environment where they would love to come visit and spend quality time with you. Guests under the age of 22 can visit for up to 90 calendar days in a year.
- What does a “55+ Community” actually mean? The Housing for Older Persons Act (HOPA) is an exception that allows communities to operate as “55 or over” housing. Living in a 55+ community doesn’t necessarily mean that only those persons over the age of 55 can be a resident. What it does mean is that at least 80% of the units must be occupied by at least one resident over the age of 55. At Anand Vihar, we require that at least one OCCUPANT be 55+.
- Can we rent at Anand Vihar before buying a home? Anand Vihar does not offer short term rentals but we may have current home owners interested in renting out their homes if they do not plan to occupy it full time. Keep in mind minimum lease terms are three months in duration. Reach out to us and we’ll let you know if we have any current home owners looking to rent their home.